Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2015

 HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
2015

As we go forward into a new year I often recount the past year and the events that have occurred. Seeing how the Lord has fit unseen pieces together of this puzzle called "life" always makes me feel both blessed and loved by Him. I, daily, feel overwhelmed with amazement at the beautiful way He has kept me all of my life. Also, with the knowledge that not only has He completed my life, but His family was made complete when I entered it. No matter how small or insignificant I feel to this world, I was created for a HUGE purpose for Christ! We ALL were! I was reminded of that through a conversation with my son about why we have eyelashes...
"Why don't boys have eyelashes?"...not sure why this was asked when he has more eyelashes at 8 years old than I have ever had in all of my 35 years. So I proceeded to explain just how important those tiny hairs are to the health of our eyes and that every human and most other animals do have them...with the exception of a few species. Now that was the end of our conversation, and the "All- knowing Mom" had conquered again!!! Then later that night I was reminded by the Lord that I may be a tiny speck of His body, but oh how important my "job" is in the body.
1 Corinthians 12:12-27 teaches us that when we enter in God's family we become a part of the body of Christ. Paul actually uses a human body example to illustrate his explaination. Each one of us has a purpose in this body that, by the Creator's hands and plan, only we can fulfill.  
That explains it! That explains why I often feel out of place! Am I trying to be a part I wasn't created to be? 
Paul teaches that no other parts can say to one part "we don't need you" because...

"..those parts of the body that seem to be weaker are indispensable, and the parts that we think are less honorable we treat with special honor. And the parts that are unpresentable are treated with special modesty, while our presentable parts need no special treatment...." 1Corinthians 12: 22-24

No matter what our part is we are Indispensable to the body of Christ! Our bodies may adapt when missing God-given parts with which to live, but each one of us...His children, are Indispensable to His body. Doesn't that blow your mind!?! It does mine, and I wanted to just share it with you. 
Life gets so busy and hectic this season, but don't let unfinished plans or unreached expectations get your focus off of who you are to God. Remember, He sent His only son, Jesus, here to die for your sins. So that you would repent and live for Him. That's why we are celebrating Christmas, New Years, Easter, any holiday really, and especially each day of life. Life's not perfect, but once we get our eyes focused on our reason for being here...it's a lot more enjoyable. 


HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Love,
The Heltons 

No comments:

Post a Comment